Sept 26 and 27 in NEK with many photos

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

lirwin13

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 pm

Wow! Thanks for sharing your photos Carol! They are gorgeous! It certainly looks like the colors are almost at peak. I don't think that I've been through Hazen's Notch before... now that I've seen your photo, it will definitely be on my "must do" list for this year!
~Laura

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Carol! Awesome report and pictures! I couldn't wait for you to post your weekend journey!

You have me chomping at the bit to get up there fast!!!

I loved your route 58 cow shot and Hazen's Notch! I think I have done Hazen's Notch 3 times and could do it every year. It's awesome!

Laura: you must take this drive down Hazen's Notch. You will love it!

Great job Carol and looking forward to more of your very professional photos!

See you in a few days!!!!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

faxmachineanthem

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks for the great detailed report, Carol! It soothes my worries about next weekend in the NEK. Looks like there should still be plenty of great color.

How did you go about getting permission at the Diamond Heart Farm? Did you call ahead or just go knocking at the door?

Aspen

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:54 pm

"A picture speaks a thousand words" and your beautiful weekend pictures convey so much. Although you must have been very tired from the trip, most thoughtful of you to post a few pictures so others can see how the foliage colors are progressing along. Thanks Carol, know your pictures have kindled alot of excitement for many who are anticipating visits to Vermont!
Aspen

DCE Nebraska

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:09 pm

I really enjoyed the early photos and the comparison of this weekend to the same weekend of last year. You must not have made it over to the area north of Dixville Notch, N.H. this weekend as you did last year. Very good report as usual.

GIC

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:55 am

Very nice pictorial report Abby. Makes want to leave for Vermont right now!
Thanks for taking the time to report.
GIC

pwt54

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:42 am

It's nice to have another foliage expert confirm my observations. I recognize the spot in your 5th photo. I took some photos there on my trip last Friday. I haven't had a chance to download the photos yet.

From_the_NEK

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Great report abby, I love the pictures 8) . I have a few similar ones of the cows and the foliage along Rt 58 from 2 years ago. The views with Jay Peak in the background are very impressive from the top of that road.
On a different note, unfortunately I can't take credit for the farmer's market/yard sale recomendation, that was another knowledgable poster.

Andy

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:09 am

Carol: Thanks for the research on the Montgomery Views. I have spent a lot of time in that area, as it is so close to my Uncle's farm. Its an easy 1/2 hour drive to the Hazen's Notch Road. I will definitely have it on my radar for my next Vermont Trip!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .