Melancholy

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Andy

Melancholy

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:30 am

This forum will mostly go into "hibernation" until late August, 2007. Last year, having found it, I would check in from time to time to see that nobody posts here (for good reason -- there is no "foliage" for the winter months, and its monotone green during spring and summer).

During the season, I am hear several times a day and anxiously look forward to "news."

So it is with a certain melancholy that I note that the all too short fall foliage season in Vermont has mostly come to an end, and bid farewell -- but hopefully only temporarily -- to all who regularly post here -- and thanks to the able and enthusiastic assistance from PWT, PB, BM and others who are so knowledgeable about local conditions and so giving of their time and information.

In the coming weeks (when I get caught back up with my "life" here in MI), I plan to post some detailed comments about my travels and findings for the benefit of photographers over on the Photography Forum.

Until then, lets all hope and pray for perfect conditions during the 2007 "pre-season" for a great 2007!

P.S. - On Saturday, remember that team that BEAT THE YANKEES. Go Tigers!

Best to all,
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

Andy

Re: Melancholy

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Abby: I think winter pictures would certainly be a possibility. I am hoping that posts of year round photography appears on the photography section and I believe that Tim suggested upoading photos as a possiblity when he announced the board.

I and the Tiger appeciate the support. I am a Red Sox fan second only to the Tigers (I spent too many years in Vermont not to be). I was as joyful as any Bean Towner when they got in and won the Series!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

pwt54

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:53 pm

I'll be checking in all year. I'm in the proccess of writing down my favorite roads and trips. Later next I'll drive the roads to make sure they are still good.

Hollie

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:57 pm

I, too, become sad that the posting ceases in the winter. I anxiously anticipate foliage in Vermont every year and this year was no exception. Thanks to all those who have helped me. I truly appreciate it. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post about my latest trip and post some pictures.

Thanks again for a wonderful foliage season!

sbot

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:19 pm

Hi All-

I am sad too. I love this forum and the people I have "talked" to over the season. I live for the autumn and winter. I think a trip to VT next year might have to be in late Sept since my daughter got engaged last week before leaving for a vacation in Hawaii. We love our son-in-law to be so needless to say we are very happy. She has chosen October 2007 for her wedding. Still waiting on the exact date. Like mother, like daughter. She loves the autumn too. I also pray for perfect pre-season conditions to ready our trees for their annual costume ball. Before we know it they will be dancing, swaying, and swirling around us.

autumn leaf
sbot

pwt54

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:19 pm

Autumnleaf, if you are coming in late Sept., then you will be looking to the Northeast Kingdom. Go to the photography forum and then the foliage and water section. Copy my directions for Lewis Pond. I'll be back on that road again next year and will let you know if the road is still good.