This Is What We've Been Waiting For... PURE AUTUMN BLISS!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

This Is What We've Been Waiting For... PURE AUTUMN BLISS!!!

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:41 am

Brilliant bluebird skies, refreshing, crisp autumn air, gentle breezes and colors popping out everywhere! Days like this, well, it just is heavenly! :D Time for waffles and Vermont maple syrup, pumpkin spice lattes, apple picking and pumpkin patches! Our coldest morning ever!

Just counting my blessings!!! 8)

Enjoy this incredible weekend! CT
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

bvahjen

Re: This Is What We've Been Waiting For... PURE AUTUMN BLISS!!!

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Well, its 100 here today, so I can only imagine..

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:36 am

oh BV: sorry about the 100. :( I'm also sad I missed you all last fall in Vermont. Maybe you'll get back to the east coast again from AZ? If you are in CT again, let me know and we can do another hike in the NW corner! :D

bvahjen

Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:13 pm

Sure will! Enjoy your time! My friend sent me a picture from Stratton the other day, it was gorgeous. I’ll have make do with aspens. Sigh. BV

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi BV, aspens will be just as nice. I was in Chester VT today and thought of you of course. (Stay tuned for trip report!)

I remember when I first met you at the Chester Fall Foliage Festival years ago, and again during sugaring season where we went to your favorite sugarhouse. Gosh, I remember it being so darn cold that day!!! My fondest memories were of your gorgeous cabin at the top of the hill in Chester and that longggggg driveway. :wink: I'm sure you miss it there - I hope we meet again some day soon. Thanks for all your recommendations on the drives around Chester. Especially Poppledungeon Road! I think I've been on that at least 3 times now! :mrgreen: I haven't been to the logging and wood carving event yet however, but I'm sure I will in the future!

CT