Leafer Madness-10/13/19-Pomfret, Barnard, N Woodstock-Slideshow

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

markm

Leafer Madness-10/13/19-Pomfret, Barnard, N Woodstock-Slideshow

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 am

I took a day trip up to VT on 10/13 to see what developed in the Pomfret area. In the past I've been too early or too late for peak colors there. Once the Sun shined upon the area I was high on the foliage color being displayed. I suggest anyone willing to travel to that area to do it on Monday the 14th before it passes. Any roads in Pomfret will bring smiles. I finally hunted down the infamous "Maple Grove Farm" scene I've been looking forward to photographing for years! It's located at 3478 Allen Hill Rd, Pomfret. There's a nice turn out to park your vehicle if necessary. I decided to check out Cloudland Road again. I haven't been there for a number of years. Since I read that the entrance from the South was closed , I entered from Galaxy Hill Road. Galaxy Hill Road was awesome.
Cloudland Rd did not disappoint! I finally got it at the right time. I ended up leaving through Barber Hill Rd which empties out to Pomfret Road. Pomfret Rd is very scenic as well. If anyone is looking for peak colors for Monday the 14th, try out this area ASAP!
Here is a slide show I put together on YouTube to show how much I enjoyed the day! Just click on the direct Link to access it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg-9Hnt3Etg

Thanks all for your info and thoughts on foliage.

triz

Re: Leafer Madness-10/13/19-Pomfret, Barnard, N Woodstock-Slideshow

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:16 am

Amazing slideshow Mark.
Of the many outstanding photographers that there are in this forum, your style is the one I like the most!

markm

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks so much. I'm grateful that I can see these scenes in person then try to capture it with a camera to share with all of you out there.
Enjoy!

Utah Baker

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 am

Markm, I really enjoyed this! And thanks so much for the info on the Maple Grove farm. We searched for it last year, but ran out of time, it’s on my bucket list. Fun to see so many familiar places. By what I’ve seen here and on many FB sites, it looks like it’s been a great year with color lingering. So happy for those who got to enjoy it and share it with us who couldn’t.

Utah Baker

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 am

Markm, I really enjoyed this! And thanks so much for the info on the Maple Grove farm. We searched for it last year, but ran out of time, it’s on my bucket list. Fun to see so many familiar places. By what I’ve seen here and on many FB sites, it looks like it’s been a great year with color lingering. So happy for those who got to enjoy it and share it with us who couldn’t.

markm

Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:33 pm

Utah Baker
Thanks for the compliments!
You never know what you can expect to see due to the changes in the weather everyday in New England :roll:

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:40 am

This was great Mark! I'm so glad you have found such awesome color on your excursions! I'm actually thinking of staying around Woodstock after my Peacham week next year. Such a great town and the surrounding hamlets and small towns are beautiful. Plus I want to revisit the Amity Pond Preserve and take my time there and do more hiking in the Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Park.

I'm off to explore the back roads of the NW corner of CT tomorrow and am so excited! Our trees are starting to peak and basically survived the major leaf drop from the storm yesterday. CT

markm

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:57 pm

ctyanky wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:40 am
This was great Mark! I'm so glad you have found such awesome color on your excursions! I'm actually thinking of staying around Woodstock after my Peacham week next year. Such a great town and the surrounding hamlets and small towns are beautiful. Plus I want to revisit the Amity Pond Preserve and take my time there and do more hiking in the Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Park.

I'm off to explore the back roads of the NW corner of CT tomorrow and am so excited! Our trees are starting to peak and basically survived the major leaf drop from the storm yesterday. CT
Hey CT, I'm sorry I missed this post. I had things to do at home this weekend so NW CT wouldn't have worked out. I'm not too sure that NE CT will be of interest to me this year. I'm too hooked on VT landscapes!
I hope you enjoyed this years Fall events, etc.
Take care,
Mark