We had a great time!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

sharan

We had a great time!

Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:15 am

We returned Saturday from our 10 day trip to VT, NH and Maine. We put nearly 2000 miles on the rental car, many of them in Vermont. My biggest disappointment was that we didn't see a moose! Bummer! Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great advice. We saw a few bare trees but overall the foliage was great. Can't say if it was peak in any given area but it was beautiful to us. For future reference, I would say the Peacham/Groton area was the best. PWT suggested the Owl's Head scenic overlook and I am so glad he did. It was beautiful! And we really enjoyed Stowe. Took in the craft fair there and it was a gorgeous day. This was our second trip to Vermont and it won't be our last. Thanks again everyone!

sharan

Re: We had a great time!

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:07 pm

Since you brought it up I will confess! We stayed two days in Northern NH near Pittsburg because I had read about Moose Alley. Is that where you would have sent me? We drove along a 10 mile stretch late in the afternoon just before sunset and again the next morning early and still didn't see one. But thanks to your suggestion, we did see a few snow geese near Addison. They were kind of far away but neat to see anyway. It was fun! The interstate around Vermont is quite a puzzle to us. Going north toward Lake Champlain we located our exit #15 for our motel. Then we we came back south we discovered there wasn't an exit for 15 from that direction. Oh well, we never go anywhere without getting lost several times along the way!

pwt54

Re: We had a great time!

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:33 am

I'm glad you had a good time. Too bad you didn't see any moose. Exit 15 is a half an exit because of all the houses built there in the 50's. There were just too many to buy out.