Woodstock Area on October 15th

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Nannymer

Woodstock Area on October 15th

Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:15 pm

We had resigned ourselves to the fact that this was too late for prime foliage viewing...now, I am hoping we are wrong! We are taking the two grandgirls (teens)up for their first Vermont visit this Friday, visiting Queeche Gorge, Woodstock and then heading over to the Vermont Country Store in Weston,Vermont. Do you think we will see some decent foliage or will we be in fact, late. We are coming up from Boston...

NannyMer

Pentaxguy

Re: Woodstock Area on October 15th

Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:12 pm

I was in Woodstock and Quechee on Saturday, and it looks like the color was not peak yet. Moderate color in the gorge, and early color at the Jenne Farm south of Woodstock. This coming weekend should be fine for leaf peeping and photography as well. Surprisingly, areas to the North like Peacham and Barnet seemed to be pre-peak as well.

pwt54

Re: Woodstock Area on October 15th

Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:09 pm

I was on route 100 between Ludlow and Weston this afternoon and the colors were very good. Route 100 from Killington to Ludlow was okay. There's a place on route 100 called the Green Mountain Sugarhouse about 1 mile north of the Jct. of route 103 in Ludlow. Stop in and get some Maple Softserve Ice Cream. It's good!