Info & sights on the South???

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Lmsalcito

Info & sights on the South???

Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:08 am

Well, It is almost that time. We will be leaving on the 9th.. first to the coast of Maine and then on to VT. How are things going, foliage wise in, the Okemo Valley area? We will actually be there on the 11-15. I am feeling that it is going to be too late...From your perspective where will be the prettiest drives and sights at that point in time? What areas do you think will be "peaking" at that time? I know I have asked this question a billion times, but as we get closer I am sure it is much easier to gage, than it was before. Thanks!

pwt54

Re: Info & sights on the South???

Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:37 am

On yesterday's update I got as far south as Tunbridge which is north of Okemo and it's still very early down there. It's looking good for next weekend. If fact, except for the higher elevations it may still be early.

Lmsalcito

Re: Info & sights on the South???

Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:54 am

You think "Chester" will be too early? We could always drive from there. I like the idea of staying in a village type of B&B instead of a very rural area.. that way we could just go from there.Or maybe we will just wing in..It is mid week, we will find something. What are some nice drives.. I think the first day we want to go north so we can catch the last of what is there and then we will explore the southeast/ west / mountains. Tell me about the corn maze thing.. has anyone done that?