Moose?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

cve

Moose?

Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:46 pm

Hi,

We'll be staying the the Killington Area this weekend through Weds. to see all the lovely foliage. While were out and about, are there any particular locations in the central (or North central) parts of the state where we might have more of a chance of seeing moose??

Thanks!

pwt54

Re: Moose?

Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:23 pm

There is a sizable herd in the Green Mountains between Route 73 and the Lincoln Gap Road. I saw one 3 years ago off route 73 in Rochester and later that summer I saw one on the Lincoln Gap Road. With moose you'll see them when they want you to. Last weekend I wandered all around the Northeast Kingdom, the heart of moose country and didn't see any. The next day I saw one in Jericho next to a housing development. Darn thing chased me into the bushes. BE CAREFUL at this time of year around male moose. It's the mating season and you know what happens to us males when that time comes around!!