Scenes of Vermont (and a few of NH) slideshow!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

GalloimagesOhio

Scenes of Vermont (and a few of NH) slideshow!

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post but have lurked for months. Andy is a member of photography group (MPEG) and he told me about this forum.

I used it extensively to help guide me (and my wife) through Vermont for our first visit last week. Like everyone, the weather wasnt great but we still managed to capture a few scenes in the 4 days we were there.

I want to Thank Andy and all of you for posting and helping others like us enjoy our Vermont visit.

To celebrate my first Vermont visit, I put together a slideshow (22 images so far, more coming) of my Vermont trip here:

http://www.galloimagesonline.com/

Simply click and the slideshow starts up automatically.

I thought you folks would enjoy an Ohioan's Vermont perspective. I hope to return next October.

I used the Canon 50D with the 10-22 mm lens and the 7D with the 17-55 f2.8 lens.

Enjoy the show!

Mark

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi Mark! Welcome to the SOV foliage forum! So glad you decided to join and post that awesome slideshow! I loved your photos and the music was perfect. I am looking forward to more of your pictures.

I am happy you were able to benefit from this forum and that you are returning to Vermont next year! Not surprised on either. This forum is the best and so is Vermont! :wink:

Ketsy K

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Ahhhh-some! Thank you for sharing this.

GalloimagesOhio

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:24 pm

You are welcome! Thanks folks.

I just added 4 more images to the slideshow.

Andy

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Thanks for posting the link, Mark. Sorry Rich and I didn't catch up to you Thursday night. It is exactly 1 hour up 91 from BB to WRJ and we ended up at dark in Townsend that night.

I'll post some of my stuff on the MPEG Forum, as well as here, when I get home.

Took some panos that I need to find some time to process.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .

faxmachineanthem

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:57 am

Nice job Mark! Must have been exciting to photograph Vermont the first time. Even though it wasn't an ideal season for us photographers, you did a nice job finding color. So when you come back it will be even better. :-)

I really like the Moss Glens Falls shot. My favorite though is the Vermont Sugar House-- that's a great shot. That's one you should print big! On overcast days, it's an effective technique to completely cut out the sky, which you did there. I also really liked the shot of the Cloudland Road farm from further up the road. Different from the standard shot and really nice.

GalloimagesOhio

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Andy wrote:Thanks for posting the link, Mark. Sorry Rich and I didn't catch up to you Thursday night. It is exactly 1 hour up 91 from BB to WRJ and we ended up at dark in Townsend that night.

I'll post some of my stuff on the MPEG Forum, as well as here, when I get home.

Took some panos that I need to find some time to process.
No problem, I figured you got tied up with other matters.

GalloimagesOhio

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks. I was determine to make lemonade out of lemons. lol I am happy with the result despite the conditions. What can you do about it? Nothing but bitch about it, of which I did alot of that!
faxmachineanthem wrote:Nice job Mark! Must have been exciting to photograph Vermont the first time. Even though it wasn't an ideal season for us photographers, you did a nice job finding color. So when you come back it will be even better. :-)

I really like the Moss Glens Falls shot. My favorite though is the Vermont Sugar House-- that's a great shot. That's one you should print big! On overcast days, it's an effective technique to completely cut out the sky, which you did there. I also really liked the shot of the Cloudland Road farm from further up the road. Different from the standard shot and really nice.
:lol:

GIC

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Holy Cow! Wish We could have found that color when we where up there. We must have been in all the wrong places LOL. Excellent Work.
Andy where did we go wrong?
I have been way busy shooting here in Mass. Color is good here. Far better than we found in Vermont. I will try and get some pics up soon.
Welcome to the forum. Get some more of those pics up.

Aspen

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Mark and wife, welcome to this wonderful Vermont Foliage Forum.
Was delighted to see your beautiful pictures. For someone visiting Vermont during the Foliage season for the first time, you fared very well!
Considering many of us had to deal with sheets of rain, rain clouds and fog when the coastal storm passed the New England coast then in addition to that overcast days followed...more rain...we got a day and some patches of sun here and there!
Nevertheless, I developed an attitude of "Come what may, we would make the most of it," and how we did! We arrived with plans and colorful visions that went astray but left with experiences that were once in a lifetime for us! Were you fortunate to be in Vermont before the storm?
Your picture of Moss Glenn Falls had a nice veil of water. Immediately as the storm passed by, it was a powerful, raging force of water! Photographers had to capture pictures from the road if they did not want their cameras wet. Even from the road, they had to take caution, sprays reached the road. I stood in the spray of water on the viewing platform and got drenched! I was awestruck with the force of the water rushing down the mountain. As you stepped onto the walkway to Glenn Falls, the very first waterfall which often was a gentle trickle of water was also "the warning" of what the roaring was around the bend. The first water fall was also rushing like crazy. Was a thrill to experience these gentle waterfalls raging with water like we had never seen! Mad River Valley, you bet!
Wow...count your lucky stars! You got to experience the Kanc Hwy (N.H.) at the right time. Beautiful picture of the rocks and colorful trees along the water. This looks like the bridge and foot bridge at the Lincoln Ranger Station. Last year, was there when trees along the water's edge were a vivid red, two days later returned to same place and the reds were all gone. I will add, "Time and Tide....and Mother Nature ... waits for no man!"
Do hope you were able to drive the backroads from the Sugar House. If not, it's really an area to consider driving next visit.
Although, we drove to many beautiful places during our visit, this year, highlights of our drives were the backroads from the red Sugar House that took us through West Windsor and Bragg Hill Road in Waitsfield.
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. Look forward to viewing many of your other pictures; especially your Yellowstone National Park and Grand Tetons album!! which is another part of America the Beautiful we want to experience!

Aspen

GalloimagesOhio

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 am

Aspen

Thanks a bunch for your comments. We plan to return next October "come hell or high water". Oopps maybe I shouldn't say high water lol

I was moaning and groaning with the weather but in the end I was pretty happy with the result.

Mark

Rockwall Tim

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Powerful, wonderful images! Thanks for sharing!
II Cor. 4:17

pwt54

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:35 am

Thanks for cheering me up this morning. It's just as gloomy and rainy as it was yesterday. To add to the fun, Vermont has given me a dandy head cold as a "Going to Florida" present.