Will I see colours?

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

kellyson

Will I see colours?

Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:58 am

We will be travelling in Vermont on the 20th - 24th September. Where will be the best place to see some colours? We have no particular plans so all suggestions are welcome! We have hired a car and are happy to do lots of miles if it means we see something :)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Will I see colours?

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:47 am

Your best color is likely to be in northern Vermont. I'd plan visiting places like East Burke in the Northeast Kingdom and specifically the Willoughby Lake area and the Craftsbury area. Stowe may be pretty good by then too. You should have an open window of about one week where it will be close to peak.

pwt54

Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:09 pm

There were some early colors showing last Sunday, so things show be good up there by then. I'm already seeing signs of changing leafs in Eden north and include route 118. Any road north of route US 2 and east of route 100 should be nice.

kellyson

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:18 am

Thanks for your advice, we arrived back home yesterday morning (I soooo didnt want to leave!!! :( )

We saw some beautiful foliage, using this forum to plan a route from Stowe to North Conway on Thurs 23rd (after spending 2 nights at the Trapp Family Lodge) and were thrilled with what we saw.

It took us all day to make the journey because we stopped so often. If anyone is interested the route we took was as follows...

From Stowe - 100 to Morrisville -15 to Hardwick - 14 to Irasburg - 58 to Evansville- 5A to West Burke - 5 to St Johnsbury - 2 to Lancaster.. and I didnt mark the rest to Conway on my map! All the way we saw wonderful Reds and Oranges, but not so much Yellow.

Took almost 600 photos whilst in Vermont and New Hampshire (the joys of digital cameras! :D :D ) you are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

Hoping to return before too many years have passed. Thanks again.

Kelly

pwt54

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:42 am

I took about 300 yesterday in that area. Those
#&%@ digital cameras are habitforming!! :roll: