My New England Fall Photos

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Boonlong

My New England Fall Photos

Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well, our trip to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine went well and we saw lots of foliage. It was certainly colder than we expected and it even snowed one day. My wife, being from Thailand, loved the snow and had no concept of autumn so it was a great trip for her.

My photos can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10186213@N07/collections/

in the "Fall in New England" folder.

Thanks for all the great advice here, it certainly contributed to the success of the trip!

Robert
Robert Wilson

lirwin13

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:24 am

Great photos! It was neat to see the snow in Stark! And I LOVE the photo of the inside of the Ashuelot covered bridge! I had to look on the map to see where that is; I've never spent a lot of time in the southwest part of NH. Looks like you covered a lot of ground on your trip!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:15 am

Robert: great sets of photos from your New England trip! I loved the video special effects added to your pictures. The one of your wife frolicking down the autumn road near Sleepy Hollow Farm I think it was, was one you'll both cherish! You're probably glad you packed those warm items!

Everyone: the ones with the video have a small triangle at the bottom of the screen on the picture icon. I wasn't expecting that so it added to the fun of seeing your photos!

By the way, where did you go horseback riding? Also, did your wife like eating lobstah???? :wink:

Great job and congratulations on such a fun filled trip! You sure got around! I hope you return next year!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Boonlong

Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the complements on the photos. Yes, I love Stark, NH too, epically in the snow. The horseback ride we took was in Chittenden in the Green Mountains, a few miles from Killington.

Thanks again everyone.

Robert
Robert Wilson

faxmachineanthem

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:49 am

Thanks for posting. It looks like you guys had a really good time-- horseback riding, atv riding, etc! I really like the pictures from NH with the snow, and the second portrait of your wife in front of the waterfall in Vermont came out really nice.

Aspen

Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:54 am

Delightful that your wife got to experience New England during such a beautiful time of the year. Certainly will be a memorable trip for the both of you! You captured alot of very nice pictures!
Aspen