My experience in Vermont

A forum to discuss your inspirations and reflections while visiting Vermont in any season. What evokes your passion for the state of Vermont? Do you have an amusing story to tell or a memorable experience while traveling there? All are welcome to participate. You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderator: ctyanky

bvahjen

My experience in Vermont

Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:24 pm

What can I say as a second home owner in Vermont? Lots actually, but maybe I will write a book someday. We bought our little cabin in 2004 and have enjoyed it for fishing, skiing, hiking and getting to know the natives. There is a saying in Vermont that you aren't a native until the last person who knows you dies. Pretty much sums it up. The best thing about Vermont is that the pace of life is different there. I have been all around the world for my work and I can say that my favorite thing to do is sit on the porch of the cabin with a good book and watch the world go by. Especially in the fall. There is something different about the light that exists in Vermont, it is very different than Connecticut where I live. Particularly at dusk, the fall maples seem to catch fire and I have not seen it anywhere else. There is much else in Vermont such as Cows, Sheep, Goats and Patridge (that's how they pronounce Partridge there), but that's for another day.

pwt54

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:11 pm

We also call them "&$#@ Patridge" when they take off right under your feet. They sound like a small canon.

bvahjen

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:47 pm

We had four of them explode at our feet one day, scared the crap out of me. My heart is still racing thinking about it.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:23 am

Forgive me for asking you two, but what do you mean explode in front of you? Did they meet their demise or something? :shock:

bvahjen: very nice narrative on your place in Chester. The descriptions are image provoking!