Autumn Reveillez!!!

A forum to discuss your inspirations and reflections while visiting Vermont in any season. What evokes your passion for the state of Vermont? Do you have an amusing story to tell or a memorable experience while traveling there? All are welcome to participate. You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderator: ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Autumn Reveillez!!!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:40 am

Do you realize that we have only 33 days until the first day of fall? :shock: I for one am ready to say goodbye to summer! It’s been long, hot, humid and too dry. So beginning today, August 22nd, I will begin my official countdown to fall! :D (The September equinox will occur in the evening of September 22, 2010, for locations on US Eastern Daylight Time).

So what do you do to herald in the season? This is what my house will look like inside and out right after Labor Day! :roll:

Mums of various colors cascading down the stoop, fall flag waving from the porch, foliage wreath on the front door, VT fall welcome slate hanging below the sidelights, a few pumpkins of different sizes and shapes clustered near my railing, autumn door mat, autumn garden flag beside the pathway, another fall wreath adorning the fireplace mantel, stained glass sun catcher leaves hanging from every window facing the street, and various decorations throughout the house!

My home always breathes New England inside and out, smiles to everyone passing by and shouts, “Autumn is on it’s way! (Some folks just shaking their heads, others deciding it’s time to get a jumpstart of their own on this glorious season!)

Like Carol said, “Bring it on :!: :!: :!:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot