Photos Mesa Verde, Durango trip 2014

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Utah Baker

Photos Mesa Verde, Durango trip 2014

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:30 pm

It was a great trip, full of golds and oranges, missed my Vermont reds, but it was still very beautiful. Went to Mesa Verde, Durango, Ouray, Ridgeway and Telluride. For John Wayne buffs, the Ouray Courthouse and the area around Ridgeway is where True Grit was filmed. The little red farmhouse was in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid, the bicycle scene. For anyone thinking of doing the train from Durango to Silverton. I highly recommend it. The grandkids loved it!

https://janiceanoycemyphotos.shutterfly ... ctures/812

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Photos Mesa Verde, Durango trip 2014

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Janice! Spectacular photos! I felt like jumping into the picture and enjoying the scenery first hand! :lol: Oh how I wish I could travel the country and see all these amazing places! The train ride looks wonderful! Glad you had so much fun! The yellows were gorgeous! Looking forward to meeting you and your husband in 2015 in Vermont. Any idea where you are thinking of staying location wise? CT

From_the_NEK

Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:33 am

Great series. The steam train looks like a lot of fun and the brightness of the yellow in the Aspen is impressive.

Utah Baker

Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:16 pm

Thanks NEK and CT! Ct you are so generous with your comments, it makes me want to strive to so my best, I really appreciate it. :) Hopefully things will work out for us to stay around Killington, I like it for it's central location, if it is not available we seem to always be able to get a spot at Smugglers. (We always to a timeshare exchange). But of course all will depend on the dates.

I've included here a few more photos of Autumn taken here at home, it has been an extremely long season starting in early Sept. in the higher elevations, with the trees in the valley still holding there leaves......we'd be in big trouble if it snowed!

https://janiceanoycemyphotos.shutterfly ... ctures/878

autzig

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Janice, you have made some wonderful photos and the places you visited make me want to go there again. We love Ouray. We've also taken the Durango to Silverton train. It appears that you enjoyed it as much as we did.

We've just returned from your neck of the woods (sort of). We were in Moab and Monument Valley. Love those place too. Here's a link to my photos if you are interested: http://www.goldimagesphoto.com/Portfolio/New/

Al

Utah Baker

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Dear Al, I'm ALWAYS interested in anything you care to share. Love your photos, especially of the milk way! We hiked Delicate Arch on our way down to the four corners area, but I failed to check my camera the night before in the motel and alas my battery was dead when we got to the top .:(. A valuable lesson learned. And I didn't have the presence of mind to use my phone camera, too frustrated! My daughter in law did get some nice family shots under the arch, so not all was lost. Thanks again for sharing these, I love seeing them, my brother was down at Zions just this past week again and got some lovely shots also, it is a unique area.

Andy

Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi Janice: It occurred to me last night that I have not been here in a Looooooong time (not very nice for the moderator, huh?) :-).

It was a pleasant surprise to see your series of shots. That area is on my bucket list. Your images so reminded me of my visit to NM in October a few years back. Lots of the same colors, topography and Western flavor. Thanks for sharing with us!

My October was once again, spent in San Francisco, CA. I will have to post some of those images - or at least a link here. Not the same kind of color by any means. I did get up to Northern Lower Michigan for some shooting late in October. But I missed my annual trip!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .