ARNOLD J. KAPLAN dies at 97

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

ARNOLD J. KAPLAN dies at 97

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:34 pm

This week, I received the sad new from Carol (Abby) that Arnold Kaplan died this week. He was 97 and was still shooting, speaking and presenting to camera clubs, teaching and writing! Wow. I don't really even plan to still be here at 97.

Arnold was a member here, and has been featured prominently on the main Foliage Vermont Site and here in this forum for a short time with the "Ask Arnold" series we did.

I joined here in early fall, 2006, looking for some help on finding good places to photograph certain "iconic" New England Scenes. About the same time, I discovered Arnold's book and used it as my primary guidebook for my October 2010 trip. I got to know Arnold personally in the last 4 years (thanks to Carol for making that happen) and had the great honor of having him agree to write the foreword for my own eBook on photographing Vermont Foliage. Arnold became a friend. He was an inspiration not only to me as a photographer, but as an example of how to live life! He was the consummate gentleman.

I will pay tribute to Arnold on my Lightcentricphotography Blog tomorrow.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .