Thank you!

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

Thank you!

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks to Dean, Carol, CT, Brandt, Al and Bryan (and anyone I have missed out there) for jumping in here and keeping this board going. Its a great (albeit small, so far) group of folks who create a nice dynamic. Hope we can keep this going. The critiques have been and will continue to be very thought stimulating for me.

Last year, as I prepared for my October week in Vermont, I went "back-channel" and sought some "artistic/aesthetic" advice from Brandt and he was very kind during an especially busy period to share some thoughts with me back and forth. The upshot is that it changed the way I looked at my imagery and I think I did some of my very best work that week.

Of course, it goes without saying that Al has had a large influence on my photography. Working with Carol some years back as she made the transition from P&S also forced me to look at my own approaches to things and that has been a great learning experience -- even better is that today, I look to her view of things as part of the overall experience of growth in my own work.

Guess what I am saying is I think this can be a pretty great place for us to share ideas, knowledge, and add to that, friendship.

So, Thanks

(So, it is one of the things I'll think about tomorrow among the many, many things I have to be thankful for).
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .