New Equipment Begets New Equipment

Discussions on Equipment, Locations and Tips for getting the photographs you want of Vermont scenes.Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, admin

Andy

New Equipment Begets New Equipment

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:14 pm

One of the things I have learned about photographic "gear" is that there is a chain reaction involved :) whenever you make an equipment change. When I went from MF to AF, I ended up buying AF lenses and an electronic shutter release. When I switched to digital, I had to change to a "digital" electronic flash.

Last fall, I had an opportunity to upgrade to a high end, large leg diameter, carbon fiber tripod. One of things I immediately noted was how much more solid and rigid the new legset was. Over time, that new firm base has begun to illustrate the shortcomings of my Bogen ballhead and QR system. Just recently, I gave up that system, for a new Arca Swiss type QR system, a much larger diameter ball head, and a Kirk Enterprises L bracket. It is all so much more solid and yet all lighter and more compact than my former equipment. I am looking forward to getting some use out of it.
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .