Leaf Update Southern Vermont

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Michelle

Leaf Update Southern Vermont

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:37 pm

In Wilmington/Dover area, I believe we will peek in a week. This past Friday and Sunday we had much rain/wind, which brought down leaves. More rain in the forecast this week. What is now there is yellows, reds, oranges..........very nice color. Things should be in full swing or color I should say, in a week, esp due to a decrease in temps this coming week.
The town is buzzing with tourists, and the restaurants are packed. Adam's farm seems to be very busy with their evening hayrides and corn maze ( which you'll need a reservation for ).
The nights ( when it's not raining ) are unbelievable. Air is crisp, lots and lots of stars up in that Vermont sky. Bear scat still in the garden, so they did not hibernate yet.
Come and enjoy !! but Hurry..........

pwt54

Re: Leaf Update Southern Vermont

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:28 pm

Keep us up to date when you can. I can't make it down this year to check things out.