North East Kingdom Routes

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ahzaman

North East Kingdom Routes

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:47 pm

I am planning on visiting the North East kingdom this weekend October 7th to October 9th and was hoping that you guys could help me with a couple of questions.

How are the foliage conditions going to be during this time?

What would be the best routes I should be going through? Feel free to give me details.

Thank you so much for your help. You guys have maintained a great forum.

courtmel

Re: North East Kingdom Routes

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:34 am

I am not exactly sure what areas the Northeast Kingdom encompasses. What towns did you visitor cruise by? :D We will be in Stowe Oct 11-Oct 15 and are looking for areas to explore. Can you suggest some towns, sites, restaurants, etc. I also would love to see your pictures. My e-mail address is sbot@ur.com.

Any info would be helpful. I am glad to hear you had a nice time.
autumn leaf

ahzaman

Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:21 pm

Thank you for your response. I am going to be staying at the Colonnade Inn in Lyndonville and am going to be there on October 7th and October 8th. I am planning on driving on Victory Road which pwt54 recommended. I was also planning on driving through Darling Hill Road.

Are there any other routes that I should be checking out. Thank you.

ahzaman

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely take this route. Approximately how long does it take to complete the route that you just described?

I did not receive the pictures. Can you please email them to me at ahzaman@hotmail.com

Thanks.

ahzaman

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:18 am

Abby:
I got the pictures they are beautiful. I had one more question. During my drive on Darling Hill Road I was planning on stopping at Wild Flower Inn and Inn at Mountain View. Are there any other stops that I should be making? Thank you.

pwt54

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:02 am

One spot I like to check out near there is Job's Pond. It's a small pond at the base of a steep rocky mountain. Just past the Inn at Mountainview Creamery the road splits. Take the road on the right. When you come to the paved Burke Hollow Road continue Straight. You will go through 2 crossroads on this section. The first is the White School Road and the second is the Carter Road. About 2 mile past the Carter Road the Brook Road comes in on the left. Right after that look for a cemetery on the left with the Schoolhouse Road beside it. Take that road until you come to the Newark Rd/Abbott Hill Rd and turn right. Drive this road until you come to the Bald Mountain Fish Hatchery and check the odometer. In about 2 1/2 miles start looking on the left for a sign for the Job's Pond fishing access and drive down the driveway to the parking area and check out the pond. If you continue the Newark Rd/Abbott Hill Rd north you will end up on route 114 just south of the jct of route 105 in Island Pond.

ahzaman

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:15 am

pwt54:
Will I then be able to take route 114 to East Burke and then about 2.3 mile north of East Burke turn right on Victory road? Thanks.

ahzaman

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:36 pm

pwt54:
Will I then be able to take route 114 to East Burke and then about 2.3 mile north of East Burke turn right on Victory road? Thanks.

pwt54

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:23 am

Actually, you will pass the Victory Road before you get to East Burke going that way. It's a bit tricky to see the road heading south. It's on the left and comes in at 40 degree angle. It's about 3 miles south of Hartwellville. There ia a house across from the road with a moose sculpture. Or just go to East Burke and do the 2.3 miles back to the road.