something new

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

stephen

something new

Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:48 pm

Hi,<P>I have a place that I usually stay in Southern Vermont in West Dover. I end up spending most of my foliage weekend driving around locally. I want to do something different this weekend.<P>I'm going up to vermont either the weekend of the 5th or the 12th...<P>I would consider hiking somewhere for a night.. but i don't have equipment. (any help on where i could rent would be great)<P>Also, I'd like to know of some places i could go hiking, or any great quaint town villages i could visit, or any town events that are a must see, or even worthwhile places to eat.<P>I'm willing to travel a couple hours if need be (from west dover), but i don't want to spend more than that. <P>Any help would be appreciated, the more specific the better. Thanks so much.

Re: something new

Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:07 pm

i haven't been to vermont before but will be doing so shortly. this is what i am planning to do :<P>ascutney state park and the ascutney mountain has a few trails and supposedly (from what i read on the web) great views from the top. a hike with a view is good combo, i suppose.<P>ascutney is 65 miles (1.5hrs) from west dover.<P>all the best !