Fire Towers??

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

sharan

Fire Towers??

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:26 am

Good morning, everyone. I love this site and the wealth of info I can get here. We are not able to come to Vermont and NH this year. We have been two years and I would come every year if I could! So I am already planning routes for next year. Last year we drove the road near Lancaster, NH that goes to Mt. Prospect. We went up in the fire tower there and got some nice views and some great pictures. I am wondering if there are fire towers in Vermont that we might visit.
Keep those photos coming please. I will only be able to see Vermont this year through your eyes. Thanks!

pwt54

Re: Fire Towers??

Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:04 am

There is a firetower on Elmore Mountain at the Elmore State Park. There is a trail to the Balancing Rock near the tower. Right now the foliage is peaking around there. Route 12 from there south to Montpelier should be peaking now. The colors on this route are intense. In Montpelier, route 12 north starts as Elm Street of State Street just east of the Capitol.