Foliage update 9/28/05

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Foliage update 9/28/05

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:28 am

Yesterday I went to Montpelier to pick up my new Subaru Forester. It was still early so I took a trip up route 14 to Hardwick. Then I drove the secondary road from Hardwick to Greensboro so I could get a good long view. The hills to the west were still very green, but the ridge to the east, between east Hardwick and Walden was showing color. Then I went to Craftsbury and took route 14 north to route 58 west to route 100 south. Route 14 was still green and routes 58 and 100 had only spotty color. From what I saw, it looks like the area east of routes 16/US 5 and north of routes 15/US 2 will be the best bet for decent color this coming weekend. If you decide to do route 100 north to route 58 east and route 58 east to route 5A there should be just enough color to keep you interested.