This site deserves five gold stars!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Tippy

This site deserves five gold stars!

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:50 pm

First and foremost, I would like to thank PWT, IXL and BM, for posting their incredible routes and pictures as described/displayed on this forum. (And others of course). Thank you for sharing your love and fervor (and occasional humor) for Vermont with us all, through endless detailed recommendations for back roads, attractions and foliage displays. Although I planned many of the routes on my own beforehand, the ones that made for an unforgettable trip were those highlighted on this forum. The magnificent scenery driving up to Island Pond and then down into Lake Willoughby will be etched in my memory for a long time to come. Were it not for this site, I would not have bought an atlas, ventured off the main road, visited the Northeast Kingdom, Groton State Forest, or taken “loops” through breathtaking vistas, lakes, back roads, unfamiliar towns and villages. I have become a foliage fanatic! I can’t get enough of this wonderful fall season and this beautiful state of Vermont. Although I hail from CT (where by the way, the NE and NW corners are gorgeous), the state of Vermont is at the top of my list. It is beautiful, serene and clean, and the people were always friendly and helpful. Their pride in Vermont shines through. I have so many plans for next fall and I will use this site again and again. Thank you everyone for your contributions. We may all have to retire to Vermont to see it all!

pwt54

Re: This site deserves five gold stars!

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:29 am

I'm glad you had a good time. The best parts of Vermont are the back roads. I just use the main roads to get there.