Places to stay in October

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Places to stay in October

Fri Aug 24, 2001 3:12 am

Hi guys!<P>Im planning to visit Vermont at the beginning of October. I fancy staying in Woodstock for a few days or possibly Stowe. I would welcome any info on pros and cons of either as a good base and also will there be good foliage here at this time of year?? Or does anyone have any other ideas??<P>Many thanks

Re: Places to stay in October

Fri Aug 24, 2001 6:22 am

Hi-Woodstock and Stowe are good places to base a visit to Vermont. However, Stowe and Woodstock are probably the most popular places to visit at this time of year and many lodging establishments get booked months in advance, especially for weekends. I'm not saying you won't find anyplace to stay, you just may have to look a little harder to find something, and do it ASAP! In Stowe, if $$$ is no object, look into staying at the Trapp Family Lodge. Other bigger "resort" type places to stay in Stowe would be the Golden Eagle, Stoweflake, Topnotch, and Stowe Mountain Resort. There are also numerous Inns and Bed and Breakfasts.<BR>In Woodstock, the Woodstock Inn and Resort is nice. Not really familiar w/other lodging in Woodstock, but Killington Resort (20 or so minutes away)has tons of options from hotels to condos. Have a great visit!

svmoderator

Re: Places to stay in October

Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:01 am

If you book soon, you'll find something in Woodstock. Call the Woodstock Chamber of Commerce, they keep an up-to-date listing of availability 1-888-496-6378. Susanne