Flooding

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

sharan

Flooding

Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:25 am

To all Vermont residents. I am so sorry to see all the coverage of the flooding and devastation in your beautiful state. It would be good to hear from some of you and to know how things are in your area. Hopefully the damage is limited and everyone is safe.
The picture of the train track near Ludlow that has the trestle completely gone is incredibly sad. I recall a covered bridge being swept away years ago just a year or two after we had visited that bridge. I’m sure there are many things like that happening across your state with this storm. Seeing so many roads swept away is heartbreaking.
We have a trip planned to Vermont and New Hampshire in the fall. So in a few weeks I will be inquiring about specific locations as to how the rebuilding is progressing.
Praying for all your safety. God bless you. Sharan

Gator

Re: Flooding

Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:32 pm

sharan - thank you for the kind thoughts. Many are suffering due to flooding/muck/mold now. We personally were lucky. Please do visit and support our local businesses!