Need directions for this view of Mt. Mansfield

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

GopalM

Need directions for this view of Mt. Mansfield

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:38 am

Hi everyone,

So happy to be back on this forum. Literally counting down days until the show begins in Vermont! 🍁🍂

I came across this picture of breathtaking view of snow covered Mt Mansfield and stunning fall colors in the pleasant valley below. I need exact location and directions for this view. Please note that the picture is not mine. I can’t seem to remember the name of the photographer but I will find soon and update here.

Can someone please tell the name of the road for this view? My guess is, it’s lower pleasant valley road or some road parallel to this road. I even tried studying the satellite map to confirm but not so sure if it’s correct.
Attachments
98B272C6-F53B-4131-93B3-1471ECFAD3E9.jpeg

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Need directions for this view of Mt. Mansfield

Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:45 am

Gopal, I want to throw in my thoughts. This view of Lower Pleasant Valley Road could be from Cady Hill Road. I will wait till others chime in as they come on to the forum. CT

GopalM

Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:46 pm

ctyanky wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:45 am
Gopal, I want to throw in my thoughts. This view of Lower Pleasant Valley Road could be from Cady Hill Road. I will wait till others chime in as they come on to the forum. CT
Thank you so much CT for your quick response. I know I can always count on experts on this forum for all information related to fall scenic drives in VT and New England area.

I will study the map again from Cady Hill Road. And also I will wait for other experts to confirm.

Thanks again.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:16 pm

Gopal, after much reflection, I stand corrected. This is on Upper Pleasant Valley Road but the road used to take this shot escapes me. I'll try to remember! :roll:

GopalM

Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:58 pm

ctyanky wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:16 pm
Gopal, after much reflection, I stand corrected. This is on Upper Pleasant Valley Road but the road used to take this shot escapes me. I'll try to remember! :roll:

No worries, CT. It was confusing for me too to locate this view on the map. I ended up asking the photographer of this picture, Alan L Graham also the directions to this scenic view and he also confirmed that it’s on Upper Pleasant Valley Road.The shot is taken from the land and it’s not a drone shot. I studied the satellite maps again after getting confirmation from him and you and there is this farm or barn with three silos which kind of matches with the farm in the picture and it is right after the intersection of Upper Pleasant Valley Road and Moose Valley Drive. So the road that escapes you might be the Moose Valley Drive. Hoping to drive on and around Upper Pleasant valley road this fall and find this gorgeous view.

Thank you very much for your prompt help with figuring out the directions to one of my most favorite and most anticipated to visit fall scenic spots in Vermont.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:07 pm

You will need to be on Bryce Road for this shot. Just an update............... Moose Valley Drive is too short and flat with little elevation gain to get this view. CT

GopalM

Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:45 pm

ctyanky wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:07 pm
You will need to be on Bryce Road for this shot. Just an update............... Moose Valley Drive is too short and flat with little elevation gain to get this view. CT
CT to the rescue! Thank you so much, CT for the update. Since you are familiar with the area you are definitely more accurate based on your knowledge than a newbie (in this case myself) trying to figure out just by studying maps!😅