Hogback Mountain

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

falldrivingisfun

Hogback Mountain

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:21 pm

Hogback Mountain was nice today (10/8).
Attachments
IMG_4275.JPG

MinnieB

Re: Hogback Mountain

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:41 pm

Argh! I skipped that one today. Drove right by it. I saw that road and said, oh, I remember going down that before and then didn't go down it. At that point I was just wanting to get home.

falldrivingisfun

Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Right by it Molly Stark Park talked to the ranger said there's a fire tower. I think it's about 1.6 miles R/T if you're in the mood for a hike after the roadside views.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:04 pm

Molly Stark State Park is excellent. A SOV forum member from N. Benn took me there and we hiked to the fire tower. The 360 views were just amazing and the tower was reallllly high up and a bit shaky. The glass surrounds were clear enough to take photos. It was a moderate hike with some challenging rocky, rooty steep climbs. Good hiking shoes a must. Coming back down was harder for me because I had to keep an eye out for all the rocks and tangled roots, I couldn't really enjoy the forest as much because I didn't want to fall. Hiking up was a lot more fun. But the fire tower was the highlight and I recommend the park to anyone. There is a small fee and the rangers are very nice. The campgrounds looked updated and well taken care of.