Mount Snow

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

falldrivingisfun

Mount Snow

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Mount Snow (10/8) was nice today. If you're in Southern Vermont it's definitely worth a look right now.
Attachments
IMG_4481.JPG
IMG_4417.JPG
IMG_4385.JPG

MinnieB

Re: Mount Snow

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:43 pm

Not familiar with that one, where is the best viewpoint from?

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:07 pm

Minnie: I've been to Mt. Snow several times and taking the Blue Bird Express to the summit is the best. The views of Somerset Reservoir at the top are outstanding. I think the chair lift ride ends on Monday the 11th. We may head up that way Monday....

falldrivingis fun: that's a great shot of the color there!

falldrivingisfun

Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm

Yep that's what I did too the bluebird. I think it's around 25$ but well worth it it would take a long time to walk it I think. One view is obvious where the lift let's out but behind the buildings there are some other slopes you can look out that don't include any obstructions too. There is a hiking trail too I didn't do that so not sure where it goes.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:57 pm

I agree. The slopes all around offer the best views of Somerset. We also hiked some trails in the back a couple of years ago, but the views are certainly worth the cost of the Blue Bird Express for sure. Glad you got to go up there!

MinnieB

Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:48 am

I drove to go up Mt. Equinox yesterday. When I left Lebanon we had wonderful skies like a water color painting, I was hoping for the same there, but the whole mountain top was in fog or cloud, so I didn't go up. The whole day ended up being a bust. I think today is shaping up to be more of the same. Not sure what I'll do today, maybe take a break. I've not gone over to the White Mountains yet. I was thinking of hiking up to Artists Bluff, but will have to see how I feel. If not, maybe I'll do the lift at Mt.Snow.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:00 am

Hi Minnie, make sure the summit is clear at Mt. Snow for the long views you want to experience. But do check it out. I think you will be rewarded for making the trip there! The ride up is great and so are the hikes up there in the back. Did you ever go on Stratton's lift ride? You can hike a trail to the fire tower! We loved that hike and the views at the top of the tower were perfect on a clear day. The tower was one of the smaller ones I have done but a little rickety. The winds were bad up there the day we climbed the tower. We met some AT hikers resting up at the tower and it was a lot of fun talking to them about their experiences. Keep that one on your list because I remember you are also a hiker. Probably gorgeous up there. Here's a link to the tower trail. There is also a small boardwalk over the wetland part that was pretty.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/verm ... ower-trail