Autumn 2021! It's finally here!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Autumn 2021! It's finally here!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Today is the first official day of fall and I have a feeling it is going to be a great season! Wishing everyone a fun-filled and safe season wherever you may travel in New England and throughout our beloved Vermont! :D

I've been waiting for this special season for months. Fall has held such a special place in my heart since childhood. Growing up in rural Connecticut with a forest behind our house as my playground, my autumn celebrations with my family were simple and memorable. Woodsy smells from our wood stove cranking, the leaf piles to jump in, hayrides and pumpkins are still visuals I hold onto. My Dad standing besides his rake near the bonfire is still one I can picture. He had this one wooden rake, not metal or plastic, (and so large it seemed to me as a little girl) and it was his favorite. He always fixed it up. And it lasted a long time. We especially enjoyed trolling the neighboods for Halloween. It felt big and special and we put on our costumes well before dinner!

There was nothing better to me now that I can recall, than those simple autumns of my childhood. The memories are everlasting and I know why fall is so enchanting for me.

Let the fun begin! Happy Autumn 2021 everyone!!!!🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot