Border restrictions are kept in place

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

admin
Site Admin

Border restrictions are kept in place

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:06 pm

The United States on Monday extended restrictions at its land borders with Canada and Mexico through Oct. 21 that bar nonessential travel such as tourism by foreigners despite Ottawa's decision to open its border to vaccinated Americans. The announcement co-incided with the US lifting of restrictions for travelers from the UK, provided they have been vaccinated and have a current Covid test. So, if you are coming from the UK, you can come see the Vermont foliage, but Canadians can't! Seems a bit unfair to me!

Andy

Re: Border restrictions are kept in place

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:58 am

Agree, Tim. Not just silly - STUPID, especially since Canada is allowing U.S. citizens in and has always been a good friend to us. Also, there is a lot of commerce between Canada and Vermont that is being stifled. I am sure they have some reason (one might be that the shear numbers of UK travelers might be small compared to the Canadians.

Also, when I traveled from Michigan to Vermont by car, I always went through Canada - it saves 3-4 extra hours of driving time. That would be impossible now.

As our sports commentators would say: C'mon, man!
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .