Top Ten Autumn Day in Chester, VT 9/19 - festival, backroads, VT Country Store!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Top Ten Autumn Day in Chester, VT 9/19 - festival, backroads, VT Country Store!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:02 pm

Hello autumn lovers! Today was a sparkling fall day to celebrate in the town of Chester for their fall festival on the green! Made it up there in 2 hours with no traffic despite the Big E. 72 degrees under a blue bird sky with a slight breeze. ohhhhhh, how glorious it felt to attend once again, a Vermont foliage fair! It was just divine, walking around with happy folks, perusing the craft tents and eating our favorite lunch compliments of the Chester Fire Department!

There is very little color change, maybe around 5% and it still had a summer look. But the trees are totally healthy looking and a few colorful flares appeared here and there. I have a nice loop into the Chester Town Forest that I will post separately aside from my hiking and festival posts. After the dirt back road loop we stopped at the Vermont Country Store in Rockingham. Crowded! :wink:

Next stop Newfane Heritage Festival and Townshend Pumpkin Festival in October! :mrgreen:

I was in my glory today! Love Vermont!!!
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot