Disappointing colors this past weekend in Woodstock

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

bobbav

Disappointing colors this past weekend in Woodstock

Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Made the trip to Woodstock ad Queeche this past weekend. Disappointed to see perhaps less than a handfull of tress with barely any color. Reading the forum for this year's updates, I was under the presumption that the color progression, although it occurs first at higher elevations and points further North, were trending a week early. I typically visit within the first week of October to Columbus day weekend, and in the past, Weston, Ludlow, Manchester areas were already in full bloom.

I live in Woodbury, CT and the color here is actually progressing faster than Vermont :shock:

We are going to try Weston either this weekend or next with the hopes that the color progresses further south.
Bob

Live life as if each day is your last!

loafer89

Re: Disappointing colors this past weekend in Woodstock

Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:58 pm

The Woodstock area wasn't good when I went through there on October 1st. The rain the previous day, ruined what was probably a nice scene. I was supposed to go to Maine this week, but it's already past peak. I'm planning on going to the Catskills on Thursday. Hopefully the rain and wind tomorrow, don't wreck the foliage