On The Eve of the 2020 Autumnal Equinox....

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

On The Eve of the 2020 Autumnal Equinox....

Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:41 pm

To all of our SOV fall foliage members and forum visitors....................

Here we are again, about to welcome the 2020 autumn season which begins tomorrow, September 22nd. For those who know me (or from my enthusiastic presence on the foliage forum :mrgreen: ), you can surmise that this is my absolute favorite time of year! :D And now it's here, perhaps a bit early, and then in the blink of an eye, it vanishes. This fleeting season is indeed one to be cherished. For me, the anticipation of it's arrival is just as exciting as experiencing the season full on. :wink:

Fall energizes me like non other. It is the crisp air, the blue bird skies, the morning and evening chills and the leaves. Those sparkling, brilliant colors that envelope the hillsides and cause you to gasp at their beauty. I especially love the smell of the earth during this time; the shifting soils and leaves morphing from green to red, orange, purple, yellow and gold, to bring forth this intoxicating aroma. At night, the smells of woodstoves and outdoor pits add to this enchanting time of year. Ahhh, and those geese honking overhead in the early morning - their call just makes me smile from ear to ear! With my new hiking passion taking off, I really feel absorbed in all that autumn has to offer. Just being in the midst of the forest with my senses on full alert is something to be reckoned with! I've never felt such contentedness.

This is a different autumn for many of us due to the pandemic. That being said, I wish you all good health and safety during this fall season. May your travels, wherever they may take you to enjoy the colors that Mother Nature will soon bestow upon us, bring you the utmost joy.

CT๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿ‚
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: On The Eve of the 2020 Autumnal Equinox....

Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:27 am

HAPPY AUTUMN TO ALL! Let the fun begin!

CT๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ