What Experts Are Saying About the Fall Foliage in New England 2020 BOSTON.COM

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

What Experts Are Saying About the Fall Foliage in New England 2020 BOSTON.COM

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:04 pm

https://www.boston.com/travel/travel/20 ... ew-england

Interesting article on what may occur in the New England states this coming 2020 season. Mass, VT, NH, CT and Maine all have a small narrative. What happened to RI??? :? :? :?

In regards to my own state of CT, I concur with everything Chris Martin, forestry director at the Connecticut Bureau of Natural Resources, spoke of. I would say he was "spot on". He touched on the drought and an early start to fall colors in northern CT. Exactly what I am experiencing first hand. I also agree with one statement, "Moderate drought stress on trees can actually “punch up” color this time of year", by Michael Snyder, Vermont state forester and commissioner of the Department of Forests, Parks, and Recreation. I'm seeing exactly this in the extreme northwest corner of CT.

It would be interesting to see what transpires in the next two weeks. We REALLY need some rain. Hoping for the best, because the best is yet to come!!!!! :mrgreen:

CT
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot