2020! Another Vermont Fall Foliage Season Awaits!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

2020! Another Vermont Fall Foliage Season Awaits!

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:54 am

Happy New Year to all of our Scenes of Vermont Fall Foliage Fanatics (and lurkers!) I wish you a great year filled with good health, something we cherish most of all! As I write this, I look out my window at our bare trees and can't help but still see the beauty in their leafless limbs. After all, it's hard not to appreciate the beauty of winter; I try to embrace the winter season until those first green buds start to appear. I find that during stick season, looking far into the woods and forests brings a certain peace to my life and reminds me of my rural upbringing in northern CT where the forests were my playground.

In the meantime, here in northern Connecticut the ground is bare and so far, except for a few nuisance and icy snow falls, we are experiencing quite a mild winter. I can't wait for sugaring season in Vermont and hope to try some new sugarhouses in south Central Vermont this time!

Alas, fast forward to fall foliage season 2020, I will be concentrating more on my hiking venues during my VT fall vacation and will try to work on my Vermont Hiking Bucket List over the next few months. I am also thinking of moving travel dates later so that I arrive toward the middle of the first week of October and stay through Columbus Day Weekend. There are a few posts on my Vermont Bucket List adventures that I missed last season and as always, I'll be adding more to the list!

Vermont is surely amazing in all seasons and this summer, I expect to be up there to scout out more hiking trails in anticipation of the most beautiful time of year in Vermont! I know it may be too early to start planning fall foliage trips in Vermont for some of you, but when I close my eyes and think of all my past fall adventures in my beloved Vermont, I just can't help thinking about those leaves!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you ready????? :mrgreen:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot