Peak colors in NH especially the White Mountains better than Vermont

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Krishna

Peak colors in NH especially the White Mountains better than Vermont

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:36 am

Hey guys, So we drove from St Johnsbury back to Boston on I-93 S through the White Mountains and the views were just breathtakingly beautiful. I feel peak colors in NH this year are more Vibrant, intense and definetly better than peak colors in Vermont. The peak colors in Vermont appeared dull/muted to me as compared to the NH peak colors. I also feel there were all sorts reds, oranges, yellows and browns and the trees appeared more full and robust than in VT. Is it just me or you guys feel the same way?

MinnieB

Re: Peak colors in NH especially the White Mountains better than Vermont

Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:09 pm

I agree Krishna, the White Mountains were much better, they usually are. Maine has also been great. I was in Maine today and came back through Gorham again, but as opposed to Friday, I did see quite a bit of leaf drop on some mountainsides. I'd say 30% or so. Maine hasn't had much leaf drop. Bethel was terrific today. I was surprised by how colorful it was since last weekend when I was there it was still pretty green. Gilead was spectacular last weekend and today as well.

2014 in VT was magical. I thought it was really outstanding that year and I've not seen better than that since. Not saying other years were bad per se, just not as good as 2014.