Marshfield Pond Today! Yesssssssssss!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Marshfield Pond Today! Yesssssssssss!

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Well, this afternoon we went to Marshfield Pond because my two very sweet friends Minnesotaman and Ed McGuirk met there last year and got some amazing sunrise shots.

Go now! It is lit up and the ride up there is enchanting! On an old railroad bed to access and those ledges! I think this has got to be my favorite pond now. It is small and the ledges add such a nice contrast to the scene. The colors were peak and I was awestruck with such beauty!

My friend decided it was time to continue on this class 4 road and I was not amused. I kept saying, "we are on the same path as that road in Pownal!" Eventually it comes to a dead end and I convinced him to turn around before my car vanished. :lol:

If you are out on route 2 admiring the peak foliage in the route 2 corridor, stop here. Maybe get some directions, I needed them. But that is me! It is so beautiful you must add it to your foliage route!

Maybe they both will come on and confirm my impressions. Ed wants me to go there in the dark and wait for sunrise. Seriously Ed :?: :?: :?:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot