Southern VT Searsburg - Londonderry 9-27-19 Near peak color

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

loafer89

Southern VT Searsburg - Londonderry 9-27-19 Near peak color

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:40 pm

My son and I took a day trip up to Southern Vermont today and I was honestly just expecting 25-50% foliage change. The foliage is about 7-10 days early and definitely more advanced than at this point last year. Last year this area had a lackluster quality, totally different this year. The CRV is mostly still green, Route 2/112 to the junction of Route 9 have about 20-40% color change. It becomes peak at the junction of 112 and 9 and again past Wilmington. Route SR71 has peak to near peak foliage and might hold on another week if the weather cooperates. Leaf loss is minimal, although there are a few bare tree's already.

Near peak to peak foliage around Searsburg Reservoir, Mount Snow and Magic Mtn. I've never seen foliage this far along in Southern Vermont in September. It looks like a large part of the state will reach peak foliage at the same time, probably around 10/1/19.

Kevin

SR71:

SR71

SR71, this is my personal favorite type of foliage, over a dirt road.

Stratton, somewhat bleached with a 1pm sun angle:

Imageupload images online