Northern NEK Looking Good!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Hexagenia

Northern NEK Looking Good!

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:31 pm

Knowing that tomorrow is looking to be a great day in VT (isn't every day :D !?), just letting everyone know that the Averills, RT 114, Forest Lake Road, Canaan Hill Road, and Wallace Pond took the big jump in the last two days and will be at peak by Friday at the latest. Screaming good color around Great Averill, and would have loved to have had the time to climb Brosseau Mountain for a view of Little Averill and Sable Mountain. Coming together nicely and I can't but imagine that tonight's cooler weather won't make tomorrow super special up there. Everything is north of Island Pond on 114 if anyone's curious.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: Northern NEK Looking Good!

Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:05 am

Excellent report Hex! Nice to see you back here and I always look forward to your updates filled with excitement! I've seen the facebook photos and the Vermont Instagram accounts all showing near peak/peak now in most of the NEK! You are lucky to be up there now and experiencing peak color in northeast VT! Will be in the Brownington/Charleston/Morgan area Friday morning! I heard it is now traveling southward towards north central VT! I had a gut feeling this summer that the peak season was going to be normal with at least a few days earlier (possibly a week?) this year and it came to fruition. My friends in the tree business were spot on!!! So excited for you! :D :D :D

Keep the reports coming, they are great!!!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:22 am

Hex: my friend from W. Charleston and I are heading to Willoughby, Jobs Pond, Long Pond and the CCC road over look at Willoughby Friday. Will you get a chance to go down that way? By the looks of face book and Instagram pages it is amazing right now at peak! Friday is going to be a stunner! :D

Colorado Mom

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:48 am

Wait Wait Wait......on ME til next week! Well if I miss peak on 114, everyone enjoy it for me. I know we will see great colors somewhere :D

ctyanky
Board Admin

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:51 am

Colorado Mom! It will still be awesome for you! Don't worry! Maybe head there first? You are hitting it just right next week! :D It surprised a lot of VTers from what I was reading and came on fast and early!