FREEZE WARNING: Northern VT 9/18: WCAX

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

FREEZE WARNING: Northern VT 9/18: WCAX

Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Freeze Warning

Areas Affected: Essex
NWS Burlington (Northern Vermont and New York)
...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM EDT THURSDAY... The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Freeze Warning, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 9 AM EDT Thursday.

* LOCATIONS...Essex County, Vermont.

* TEMPERATURES...Minimum temperatures of 28 to 34 degrees.

* TIMING...Midnight to 900 am Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Freezing temperatures could kill sensitive vegetation and damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.
A Freeze Warning is issued when freezing temperatures are forecasted to threaten outdoor plants. Those with agricultural interests in the warned area are advised to harvest or protect tender vegetation. Also, potted plants normally left outdoors should be covered or brought indoors.

Just wondering, is this considered early for VT or pretty normal? Very different from a frost......
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: FREEZE WARNING: Northern VT 9/18: WCAX

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:38 am

Dang it's cold! Not expecting 35 here in my area! I'm dressed for early winter! :shock: