Jobs Pond - My Favorite NEK Foliage Location

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

edmcguirk

Re: Jobs Pond - My Favorite NEK Foliage Location

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 am

Andy wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:14 am
Thanks, Ed, for your kind work about the book. As you might imagine, it was a (many hours) "labor of love."

Best regards,
You are welcome Andy. Your book has been a valuable resource for me, and I have recommended it to a number of people.

To me it is very much in the spirit of the old Kaplan book (which I still have), but updated for modern times. Still miss the tripod hole maps though :wink:

standupphotog

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:24 am

edmcguirk wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 am
standupphotog, you must be the fellow from the Ottawa area if my memory is correct. Yes, that was a pretty special morning, and it's nice to see your images from that shoot here.
That’s me.

This was the view outside my window this morning. Still early here in Ottawa, this tree is an outlier for sure.
Attachments
678BF6F4-F8CF-4553-A771-C6F4B8CC3CE3.jpeg

Utah Baker

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 am

Stunning photos all, and thanks so much for sharing. May I add my thanks to Andy & Carol for their efforts in creating such a great resource, I love it! And to everywhere who shares their favorite spots. The ache in my heart is real, but keep the photos and good times coming.

Utah Baker

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Thank you Carol, I’m looking forward to it!

Andy

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:14 am

edmcguirk wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 am
Andy wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:14 am
Thanks, Ed, for your kind work about the book. As you might imagine, it was a (many hours) "labor of love."

Best regards,
You are welcome Andy. Your book has been a valuable resource for me, and I have recommended it to a number of people.

To me it is very much in the spirit of the old Kaplan book (which I still have), but updated for modern times. Still miss the tripod hole maps though :wink:
LOL. We think Arnold would have approved - I know he did of the First Edition. He was a special guy! Believe it or not, I was at a seminar a few year back, given by a well-known (will remain nameless here) outdoor and nature photographer that I admired. I was disappointed by his seminar - he was casual, offputting, and at one point he actually derided Arnold (without naming him) making reference to the fact that "there is even a guy who has a book out there with tripod holes." Knowing the gentle-spirited, generous man who he was talking about, needless to say I no longer admire him. :-)
Andy

If it sounds too good to be true, its probably . . . .