Green Mountain Falconry School, Manchester VT: Part two of my training, an experience of a lifetime!!!!!

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Green Mountain Falconry School, Manchester VT: Part two of my training, an experience of a lifetime!!!!!

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:24 am

Last year when I was staying in Manchester, I finished part II of my falconry experience with master falconer Rob. The two visits were something I will never forget. To be up close and personal with Mycroft and Monty, harris hawks, was mind blowing. I often got teary eyed knowing I was learning about their lives and how to handle them whilst they were on my gloved arm. I was not a bit scared because I read up about falconry in depth, as well as the terms used in training them. I was speechless just observing them so close to me! In part I, I was introduced to the basics and walked around with them on my arm on the school's beautiful property. In part II, I learned to call and release. I will never ever forget this experience that I took advantage of, Rob is the most patient, kind and knowledgeable person I have been blessed to be trained under. Rob took an abundance of photos of me with my falcons which I will treasure always. I'm hoping next year he will introduce part III and I will partake in the most incredible experience I could ever hope for in my lifetime. Looking into their eyes, just inches from my face, brought me closer to them and the seemingly wildness of the whole encounter. I can't even explain the thrill that ran through my entire being!

There is still time to sign up for your own personal experience. It is a bit costly but how can you measure price while encountering such a lifetime adventure??? You can sign up through the Equinox or call to make your own reservation. It is tucked away just outside Manchester Center on a dirt road leading into the property. An exquisite drive to say the least!

Here are a couple of links:

http://www.greenmountainfalconryschool.com/

http://www.greenmountainfalconryschool.com/?page_id=12
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot