Where To Go For the Best Vermont Brewery

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Where To Go For the Best Vermont Brewery

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:18 am

We are going to the Hill Farmstead Brewery when in the NEK but would like another recommendation for a second visit somewhere. Where would you go? We buy Heady Topper each time in Vermont in Waitsfield so that is a pretty amazing beer! I heard Hill Farmstead is a gorgeous spot to visit as well. Has anyone been there in the fall?

https://hillfarmstead.com/
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Colorado Mom

Re: Where To Go For the Best Vermont Brewery

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:53 pm

OMG another place to stop!! I'm gonna have to add another day to this trip if we're not careful :D My daughter would love this place!!

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:29 pm

Carol: I printed out the post reply and can't wait. Do we need reservations at the brewery if we go late afternoon and then will eat from the food truck....

bm: will hit Lawson's Finest in Waitsfield and will buy my Heady Topper there in town or in Warren on their delivery date!

MrBumps

Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:22 am

Hill Farmstead, without a doubt, brews some of the best beers I have ever tasted. It can get crazy busy there. I have been there at times when you will wait an hour, or longer for a beer. If you want to get a growler filled, they have a number system which works well, but again, be prepared to WAIT. I have found Thursday afternoons are generally the least busy, but in foliage season, all bets are off. They are only open Weds through Sat 12-5,

Another good brewery in the NEK is Red Barn Brewery in Danville. Very nice place and great beer. http://redbarnbrewingvt.com/

Also Kingdom Brewery in Newport is very good. Owner/Brewer is very nice and loves to get to know his customers. From the outside it looks like one of those metal warehouses, but inside has the ambiance of a log cabin. His Round Barn Red Ale is great. He also makes a few odd beers and generally has one on tap. Last time I was there he had an Expresso Chocolate Milkshake Stout. While I don't usually like those types of beers, I have to admit this one was great. They also have some great local music some evenings. https://kingdombrewingvt.com/our-beer-2/

Another is Next Trick Brewery in West Burke. Right on Route 5 just South of the West Burke Village. Only been there once and the beer was decent. Seems to draw the mountain bike crowd. http://nexttrickbrewing.com/default.html

There is also St Johnsbury Brewing, but I ave never been there. I have had one of there beers at a local restaurant and it was quite good.

ctyanky
Board Admin

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Thanks Carol for the update. I know we'll go and enjoy the vibe there and wait for our brew to be ready. I love food trucks as well. I also want to check out what you have suggested for photos.

Mr. Bumps: that is a great addition of breweries. The one in Danville is near where I'll be when in Peacham for the week so we'll check it out. I think I can manage the 3 so far I've chosen, Lawson's Finest, Hill Farmstead and the Red Barn. It actually would be fun to do a beer adventure around the state but I just don't have time like you lucky folks who live there! :D