Vermont weather for Oct7-10

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

Vermont weather for Oct7-10

Thu Oct 05, 2000 6:18 pm

Dear Folks,<BR>Is the weather going to be really bad ?<BR>Will we see any fall colors at all this coming weekend ? We are driving from Illinois.<BR>Thanks<BR>Binu

svmoderator

Re: Vermont weather for Oct7-10

Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:15 am

Aaak! You must be on the way by now...actually, it has rained overnight, now it's Friday morning 10-6, and I haven't been out to look around. I think it will be cold this weekend, may have some snow above 2,000 feet on Sunday. The rest of the time, we are supposed to have mostly chilly but not precipitation. Some areas are past peak, I think from Central VT and south, color will be available...some leaves that had color earlier may have come down with the rain, but they were not necessarily so colorful anymore anyway, so "no loss."<P>I'm hoping on good color remaining in Warren and Waitsfield, Mad River Valley, I think Quechee and Woodstock should still be beautiful, judging from yesterday's display. Also to Randolph and Montpelier, we had gorgeous color yesterday, once the rain subsides, I think it should be fine.<P>It's always difficult to arrive on the exact peaking day...I think in Quechee and Woodstock it was yesterday and the day before, but it should still look great today. I'll be in the Mad River Valley with my laptop tomorrow, so I'll try to check in.<P>Susanne

Fri Oct 06, 2000 12:48 pm

Hi Binu,<P>I am from Chicago and I moved to New Jersey 5 months ago. It was a trip to Vermont that made me decide to move out east. Now I have been to Vermont 3 times in the last 6 months <BR>and I am going again this week. Check out Manchester. (Ye Olde Tavern-good food)I love the Shelburne Farms too and Stowe.<P>I like living out here because there is so much to see out here. I got sick of going to Galena and Lake Geneva, WI.<P>Goodluck on your trip!

Wed Oct 11, 2000 7:21 pm

Hi,<BR>It's true. Vermont is beautiful. We stayed in the northeast kingdom and travelled all over north-central vermont. Jay peak with it's snow covered top and fall foliage at the base was spectacular. Mansfield and stowe were great too.Above all, people in Vermont are the nicest we have ever met.<BR>Binu