weston area

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

wren

weston area

Sun Oct 01, 2000 1:58 am

Hi! I know it's getting late, but we're impulsively thinking about coming to the Weston area and/or that general vicinity next week from CA -- Mon, the 8th or a bit later. It looks on your chart as if "foliage [had] begun" in the area as of a few days ago, but I'm not quite sure what that means -- whether it means the very start of colors, or further along. Would you expect much color to be left in the area by the 9th? If not, would you expect there to be an easy drive to some? Thank you for this great service! Image

svmoderator

Re: weston area

Sun Oct 01, 2000 11:17 am

Hi, I just did a sweep of central Vermont yesterday (Randolph, Northfield, Waitsfield, Warren), and from what we saw, peak foliage will come no sooner there than next weekend, and here in Quechee we're not near peak as yet. I think in Weston (south from here) you will be fine by the 8th...they should be passing mid-range by then, and some of the higher elevations may be at or beyond peak, but for the most part you will be seeeing the best colors around. I received a press release from the State of Vermont Tourism & Marketing Dept., and they are predicting most central and northern areas increasing color this week, approaching peak by Oct. 7...Weston being more south, just the higher elevations may reach peak color this week, and the rest of the terrain should follow along by the time you arrive, seems to me. Be sure to ask your innkeepers and others while you are here where they have seen great views in their area...everyone will be happy to tell their story of the "best view" around. Enjoy your visit!! I think you'll be glad you decided to come to Vermont this year. SusannePS: Check out the foliage report section here on Scenes of Vermont and at 1-800-vermont.com, the State of VT Tourism & Marketing site. You can also call 1-800-vermont for information.