Southern Route 7: Jekyll and Hyde

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ixl

Southern Route 7: Jekyll and Hyde

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Going north, on the right, the western slopes of the Green Mountains are gorgeous. Peak in many places, not quite in others, past in a few. Not a lot of great composition opportunities for me as a photographer, but nice for leaf-peepers.

And on the left, the eastern slopes of the Taconics are... green. I mean... some of the hills and mountains, half the trees have NO CHANGE AT ALL. I have never, ever seen anything like this.
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

ixl

Re: Southern Route 7: Jekyll and Hyde

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm not sure how SE VT is doing but again I would not make an extra trip here. It's not worth your time. Come when we are having a good year - this isn't it.

I wish you the best of luck whatever you do, and sorry, not trying to be a bummer, just respectful of your time and energy.
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!