Route 12 report

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

pwt54

Route 12 report

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:07 am

Yesterday I headed down to Killington for the Foliage Fanatic Lunch. Great food and conversation.
I took route 100 from Morrisville to Killington. Colors are still early, but improving quickly. Route 100 between Warren and Hancock are nearing peak. Colors are still early below Hancock. Route 100 is worth the trip.
After group photos I headed back to Rochester and picked up the Bethel Mountain Road next to the village green and drove that to the end at route 12 in Bethel. This road is called the Camp Hill Road in Bethel. Colors on the Bethel Mountain Road and route 12 north to Montpelier are early.
I took route 12 north from Montpelier to Morrisville. Colors between Montpelier were a little better, colors above Worcester to Elmore were amazing.
Colors on the hillsides were still early, but the stressed out trees next to the road and in the wet areas are peaking The road was loaded with firecrackers and hotspots. This is the best color I've seen so far.
For route 12 in Montpelier City, get on State Street and locate Elm Street. Elm Street is Route 12. In Morrisville go to the flashing red light and pick up route 15A. Look for route 12 on the right. If you can fit it into your tour, do it.
WARNING!! :shock: Stowe is a madhouse right now. It's Octoberfest all weekend. The Craft Fair is next weekend.