What to do in Vermont when raining...

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

courtmel

What to do in Vermont when raining...

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:04 am

Hubby and I are on our way up to Killington tomorrow and the reports are calling for rain, rain and more rain! I am ready to cancel our trip but hubby wants to go. Besides not much color the rain will really dampen my spirits. We have been in this situation about 8 or 9 years ago and it was awful. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. I don't want to be stuck in a hotel room! Urgh...What do you think; sweater or long sleeve t-shirt weather? :x :( :?

courtmel
autumn leaf

Utah Baker

Re: What to do in Vermont when raining...

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:04 am

I feel your pain! We arrive Sat. And hoping to do a night time shoot with Al on Sun. but the forecast is for rain then too. That being said before I'd sit in my room, I'd get out and go for a drive, spend some time at Cold Hollow, or either of the Vermont Country Store locations and take in the sights, smells and tastes of Vermont. Depending on hard it's coming down, I've been know to take a walk down a dirt path and just take in all the wonderful woodland smells in the rain. As the saying goes, when your handed lemons, make lemonade! Hope you find ways to enjoy your trip.