Mad River Glenn Single Chair LIft and the App Gap today 9/26

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mad River Glenn Single Chair LIft and the App Gap today 9/26

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:48 pm

What a perfect day for a lift ride at Mad River Glenn! The single chair lift is my favorite out of all the gondola/tram/ski lift rides in the state. This is my third time at Mad River Glenn in autumn. Although the trees were mostly green today, you just can't beat the beauty at the summit on a top ten clear day in Vermont. Wow. Layers upon layers of mountains in the distance with a near 100 percent visibility today! It didn't matter one bit that I had no oranges, reds and golds this time around. The beauty of Vermont's mountains majestically laid out before me was a feast for my eyes. And damn it was cold up there! I had on a vest and jacket and could have used gloves for sure! It must have been the wind chill. Nonetheless, the views made up for it!

If you want to become one with Mother Nature, if you want peace, solitude and a need for an hour or so by yourself, then take the single chair lift ride at Mad River Glen. The next weekend should be ideal and it is their Green and Gold foliage weekend!

Today was Siptember Fest and the crowds for the beer tastings were arriving around noon so I am glad I went early. The festival is not Sunday, tomorrow, so if you around, enjoy it! Ten bucks will take you round trip and they also have some nice ski stuff on sale! :D The overlook at the top of the Appalachian Gap was packed but the view was beautiful and still green. By the middle or end of next week and the weekend for sure, it should be ablaze in color!

While I was riding up the mountain, alone and in my peaceful bubble, I could not help but be grateful for my life as it is in this present day. Amen! :)
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot