The beauty of unnamed ponds in the Fall...

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

orenphotography

The beauty of unnamed ponds in the Fall...

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Finally got a chance to work on this panorama from Wednesday, October 1. I had made plans to drive up to the area around Victory State Forest but the weather was not cooperating in the least - gray skies and flat light. Rather than turn around, I decided to continue up Rt 5 in hopes of spotting some decent color at the ponds along the way. When I reached this unnamed pond just off the road, my jaw dropped as the sky finally opened up and lit up the foliage in brilliant sunlight.

Here is the 11 shot panorama from that day. Link to my updated VT gallery: http://orenphotography.com/portfolio-items/vermont/

This should be it for me for the year as I will be shooting around town for the rest of this season. See you next year :)

ctyanky
Board Admin

Re: The beauty of unnamed ponds in the Fall...

Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Iyal: So beautiful! Makes my heart sing! Have fun in your own neck of the woods, kind of sad to read, "See you next year". I hate to say goodbye so soon to our forum members, let alone the 2014 VT season! :cry:

You have a beautiful portfolio. Perhaps someday, you can meet up with us, in 2015.

Thanks for all your posts and gorgeous photography! :wink:
CT - Board Admin and Moderator for Scenes of Vermont
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Utah Baker

Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Oren, the stunning clarity of your photos is so impressive, you caught the water so clear and still.....WOW!

ixl

Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:14 am

Awesome shots. You made the most of your opportunities, well done!
Charles Kozierok - DesktopScenes.com

View Autumn Scenes from Southern Vermont (2003), my free, 75-image foliage gallery!

orenphotography

Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks everyone. Found my favorite scene of the season this morning right in my own backyard. Can't beat shooting dawn at one location, 2 spots for foliage and being back home in under an hour.

Not VT but one of the prettiest towns in New England. Will be sharing more on my site in the week to come - http://wednesdaysinmhd.com

ctyanky
Board Admin

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:32 am

Iyal: Congratulations on your newly published book! I've been to Marblehead quite a few times when I lived in Boston. A super town and gorgeous. The book is sure to be a success just by seeing what you have produced in Vermont! :D